Buy a Ticket for the new Prince documentary Mr Nelson on the North Side, buy raffle tickets for the prize giveaway OR submit a video telling us what Prince means to you for a chance to win a Grand Prize signed Prince album or other prizes: signed Christmas card or Prince symbol earrings!
We want to bring you these fabulous prizes. How? VIDEO CONTEST!
Up for grabs: 1 signed album and 2 smaller prizes of a signed Christmas card and pair of earrings. Purchase a ticket (additional chances to win from purchase of raffle tickets) to Mr Nelson on the North Side, the new Prince documentary screening online, or upload to YouTube a video of you telling us what Prince means to you (keep it to less than 1 minute). Videos with audible backing tracks are not eligible and will not be considered. The only sound should be your own voice! Get your friends to vote for your video and it will move towards the top of the queue. However being among the top videos according to audience voting will not necessarily mean that you are a winner. A random draw of all prize entrants (ticket and raffle purchasers plus video entrants) will take place on September 25, 2021.
The Contest. This contest (“Contest”) is organized and managed by 2619215 Ontario Inc. dba as Prince Tribute Productions “Sponsor”) and is subject to the following Official Rules.
1. Validity of entry. Contest entrants must be residents of North America (excluding Quebec). Entrants can enter more than once. No purchase is necessary. Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, employees, agents, and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Entrants must upload their videos or purchase a ticket prior to the competition closing date, 6 pm on September 25, 2021. Entrants are advised to keep a record of their submission by printing out their ticket confirmation page – a submission is not deemed complete until the confirmation message appears. Sponsor will accept no responsibility for late entries or ones that do not comply with the provisions set out in these Contest rules.
2. Purchase or Participation. Participants may either purchase a ticket for the documentary film screening of Mr Nelson on the North Side or submit a video of themselves expressing in the English language what Prince means to them by filling out the form at www.onthenorthside.com/videocontest. Upon submission of the video, Sponsor may, at its discretion, make the video accessible in the gallery of the Contest main page. The only audio must be the participant’s vocal track. A video submission that contains audio of any pre-recorded music whatsoever shall be immediately disqualified and will not be entered into the Contest.
3. Minors. To be eligible to win, entrants who are under 18 years of age must submit a completed waiver from their parent or legal guardian. For entries with more than one performer, each performer who is not 18 years old must also obtain parental or guardian consent. Videos selected will not be embedded on the Sponsor website until a signed waiver is received. The release and waiver forms must be printed, signed and scanned and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Rights to the Video Submitted. The participant is solely responsible for the video he/she submits and a video shall comply with the terms and conditions of the social media platform on which it is published. The participant retains all ownership rights in the Video they submit. By submitting a video, the participant grants Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the video content. The participant acknowledges and agrees that the contest video gallery is publicly accessible and that other viewers may view the video and use it as permitted through the gallery’s functionalities and those of the social media network on which it is submitted. Withdrawing or removal of a video from the platform on which it is published shall automatically disqualify a participant from the Contest.
5. Prizing. The Grand Contest prize to be awarded:
• Authenticated as “autographed by Prince” framed Purple Rain album
The other prizes are: authenticated as “autographed by Prince” Christmas card (1986), a pair of symbol earrings, one purple guitar.
Winners shall be drawn randomly from contestants who either purchase a movie ticket or raffle tickets or submit a video or videos in the sole discretion of the Sponsor marketing and production team. Sponsor reserves the right to not publish a video in the Contest gallery. Videos that contains images or texts related to sex, drugs, violence, hateful or discriminatory content, or that do not follow the theme “what Prince means to me” shall not be published. Videos that do not otherwise meet the Contest standards of quality, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be disqualified.
6. Who is Winner. In the case of a winning entry by a contestant who has submitted a video featuring a single performer, prize will be awarded to the person named on the entry form as the performer in the video. In the case of an entry showcasing more than one performer, prize will be awarded to the performer designated by the performers as the producer of the video. Or in the case of a winning entry from a ticket purchaser, the name of the purchaser.
7. Privacy. By participating in this Contest, participants agree to the collection, use and disclosure of their information by Sponsor as follows:
The following information will be collected and saved by Sponsor:
• A participant’s e-mail address and/or the link to the platform avatar or account he or she uses to participate in the Contest;
• A participant’s IP address;
• The link to the video (if any) a participant submits;
• The caption of the video and all other information related thereto.
The following information may be disclosed publicly by Sponsor:
• A participant’s platform avatar or account he or she uses to participate in the Contest;
• The link to the video a participant submits or the video itself if embedded on the Contest website;
• The caption of the video and all other information related thereto.
8. Releases, Limitations of Liability and Disclaimers. Prize Winner will be selected by a random draw at the office of the Sponsor in Toronto from all valid entries received by September 25 2021 at 6pm EDT. If any selected winner cannot be contacted by 12:00 PM Eastern Time on the next business day following determination another winner or winners will be selected until such time as all winners are contacted or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected winner. Winner and guest must abide by all contest rules and policies. All other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are solely the winner’s responsibility. Before prize will be awarded, winner must sign and return a declaration and release form confirming compliance with the Contest rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, without substitution, and releasing Sponsor, their affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the prize or this Contest. The duly completed declaration and release forms must be returned within the time period specified on the declaration and release forms or the prize will be forfeited. Sponsor reserves the right to not award the prize to any winner or winner’s guest who Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion, have violated any law, and/or may bring Sponsor into disrepute. Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is: Six Thousand Dollars ($6,000). Approximate Retail Value of the Christmas card Prize is: One Thousand Dollars ($1,000). Retail value of the purple guitar Prize is: Five Hundred Dollars ($500). Retail value of the symbol earrings Prize is: Forty Dollars ($40). Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of prize will not be awarded.
9. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes including without limitation the veracity of any signature or writing included with the Prizes beyond those statements received from third parties who have provided Sponsor with such Prizes and whose documents of authentication Sponsor, acting in good faith upon the reasonableness of such authentication and veracity of documentation of authentication, has relied. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Prize details and availability are subject to change and the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed and are non-transferable. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or otherwise substituted, except in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any prior purchase of the items listed will not be refunded. Any and all federal, state, or local taxes on prizes, in addition to any other costs, fees or expenses not listed above, are the sole responsibility of each winner.
10. NO LIABILITY; INDEMNIFICATION. The Sponsor, any of its affiliated entities, or their respective employees, officers, directors, members, contractors, agents, partners, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Sponsor Affiliates”) are not responsible for, and entrants release such from, any failures of any kind (whether caused by computer, technical, mechanical or human error) which may either limit the entrant’s ability to submit an entry, claim a prize, or otherwise participate in this Sweepstakes, or the Sponsor’s ability to include all eligible entries, conduct random drawings, notify potential winners, or otherwise execute this Sweepstakes in the manner intended. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and their heirs, successors, or assigns agree to release, discharge, and to hold harmless the Sponsor, any of its affiliated entities, and the Sponsor Affiliates, and waive all causes of action relating to any and all injuries, costs, liability, losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting from the delivery, acceptance, and/or subsequent use or misuse of any prize awarded, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. The Sponsor, any of its affiliated entities, or the Sponsor Affiliates are not responsible for (i) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize, or from participation in Sweepstakes; or (iii) any printing, typographical, or computer errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
11. GENERAL TERMS. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes should unauthorized human or computer intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, in its sole opinion, corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Decisions of the Sponsor on all matters related to the Sweepstakes are final. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify or prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these official rules. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ENTRY PROCESS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. The decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding on all entrants. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein. Sponsor shall not bear any liability for (a) Contest entries which are lost, stolen, delayed, destroyed, or illegible, incomplete or otherwise improperly completed, (b) the loss, theft or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof, or (c) any property damage, personal injury or misfortune in any way attributable to this Contest or the prize. Personal information provided by entrants will be used to administer the Contest, and will not be used for any other reason. However, by entering, each entrant grants Sponsor the right to use his or her name and/or likeness, without further compensation or notice, in any advertising or publicity if declared a winner.
RELEASE OF FACEBOOK AND/OR INSTAGRAM. By participating, each entrant releases Facebook and/or Instagram and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, or advertising agencies, from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by the entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize. Any information an entrant submits online is to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook/Instagram. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM.